In America we are taught to be tough from a young age. If someone is injured in sports we are told to get up and “walk it off”. In fact, injury can be seen as a sign of weakness. Often when we are hurt we simply trudge through it with a few aspirin. However this is exactly what you should not do if you are injured in an accident that was caused by the negligence or carelessness of a third party. You should see a doctor immediately. Waiting can cause you to miss out on compensation through a personal injury claim; just and fair compensation that can go a long way toward making sure you are made whole after such and accident.
Even if you “feel fine” some very serious injuries may only be fully revealed days or even weeks after an accident. While victims of accidents can many times pursue a personal injury claim in courts of Somerset County, Bridgewater, and Frankin in order to recover damages, the more time that passes between an accident and the documentation of its affects, the harder it becomes to make a successful recovery.
For this reason it is critical to seek medical attention immediately after any kind of accident. If you have been involved in any kind of traumatic accident and are experiencing any obvious or subtle symptoms you may wish to contact our Somerset County personal injury law firm and discuss your options in a free and confidential consultation.
Delayed Physical Injuries Attorneys Bridgewater NJ
Commonly our Somerset County serious injury victims’ attorneys hear from persons who don’t seek immediate medical treatment is that victims feel “fine”, or “not that bad”. However, seemingly mundane symptoms can be signs of serious underlying injuries. It is always recommended to see a doctor immediately after an accident. Here are some common symptoms and the underlying medical issues which may be the cause:
- Back pain – the most common injuries after trauma may be spinal cord injury, pulled muscle, whiplash, etc.
- Headache– brain injuries are difficult to diagnose because symptoms are hard to diagnose accurately. Headaches can be caused by some very serious issues such as brain damage, concussion, blood clots, and more.
- Abdominal Pain – often misinterpreted as a simple stomach ache, abdominal pain can be a sign of internal bleeding, organ damage, etc.
- Neck and shoulder pain – soft tissue injuries are notoriously difficult to diagnose without an MRI muscle issues, spinal injuries, whiplash, issues with tendons and ligaments can all be more serious than they seem.
- Numbness – is potential sign of spinal cord injury, nerve damage, slipped disk, herniated disk and more.
Delayed Mental and Psychological Injuries Lawyers Franklin NJ
As well as physical ailments, suffering a serious injury can lead to a many mental health issues. Psychological issues can lead to equally serious complications for victims. These symptoms can cause very real difficulties for your life moving forward. Often ignored but they can enhance your claim to make it more accurately reflect your actual pain and suffering. Individuals involved in a traumatic accident should watch for any of the following signs:
- Increased heart rate
- Difficulty sleeping
- Memory issues
- Mood swings
- Feelings or symptoms which are abnormal for you
Contact A Somerset County Personal Injury Attorney Today
Personal injury attorney Brian Levine proudly serves local Hunterdon and Somerset County clients from communities including Somerville, New Brunswick, Bridgewater, Franklin, Hillsborough, and all of Central New Jersey. Our firm practices exclusively personal injury and medical malpractice law so we can focus on the legal concerns that are the most important to our clients and their families. We have also earned millions of dollars over recent years through successful personal injury settlements and verdicts.
To discuss your potential personal injury claim for a slip and fall accident, please contact us online or call our Somerville, NJ offices today at (908) 524-0123 for a free and confidential consultation.